This evening I am going to talk about product placement. 

今晚我要谈谈超市里的货品摆放。

Product placement is probably one of the most important concepts t will cover this semester.

货品摆放可能是这个学期最重要的概念之一。

In the United States special care is taken when placing items in different parts of the supermarket.

在美国,超市的不同地方放置货品时要特别小心。

For example, candy is generally placed next to the cashier or check-out counter.

例如,糖果通常放在收银员或结账柜台旁边。

This is because customers are often likely to grab a candy bar while waiting in line.

这是因为顾客在排队的时候往往会拿着糖果棒。

Children who are waiting in line with their parents often ask their parents to buy candy for them.

和父母排队的孩子也会经常叫他们的父母给他们买糖果。

Another example has to do with the placement of expensive products.

另一个例子与昂贵产品的摆放有关。

 


Well, many stores in the US. not all, will place expensive products at eye level. 

在美国的许多商店,不是所有的,都会把昂贵的产品放在和眼睛视线持平的高度。

Imported shampoos for example, are placed at a level where they are clearly visible and people can easily reach for them. 

例如,进口的洗发水被放置在清晰可见的地方,人们可以很容易地拿到它们。

Please note that I am not supporting cheap items over expensive ones. 

请注意,我不赞成将便宜的物品放在价格昂贵的商品之上。

Before we end this topic today I want to talk about your next assignment. 

在我们结束今天的话题之前,我想谈论下一个作业。

Though you might not think of it as homework. 

虽然你可能不认为这是作业。

I expect each of you to go to a large supermarket before next Tuesday to see where the over-the-counter medicine is placed. 

我希望你们每个人在下周二之前去一家大型超市,看看非处方药的摆放位置。

I look forward to hearing about your findings in a week.

我期待着在一周之内听到你们的发现。